1. A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near. 海内存知己，天涯若比邻。
2. A common danger causes common action. 同舟共济。
3. A contented mind is a continual / perpetual feast. 知足常乐。
4. A fall into the pit, a gain in your wit. 吃一堑，长一智。
5. A guest should suit the convenience of the host. 客随主便。
6. A letter from home is a priceless treasure. 家书抵万金。
7. All rivers run into the sea. 殊途同归。
8. All time is no time when it is past. 机不可失，时不再来。
9. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. 一日一个苹果，身体健康不求医。
10. As heroes think, so thought Bruce. 英雄所见略同。
11. A young idler, an old beggar. 少壮不努力，老大徒伤悲。
12. Behind the mountains there are people to be found. 天外有天，山外有山。
13. Bad luck often brings good luck. 塞翁失马，安知非福。
14. Bread is the stall of life. 面包是生命的支柱。(民以食为天。)
15. Business is business. 公事公办。
16. Clumsy birds have to start flying early. 笨鸟先飞。
17. Courtesy costs nothing. 礼多人不怪。
18. Custom makes all things easy. 习惯成自然。
19. Desire has no rest. 人的欲望无止境。
20. Difficult the first time, easy the second. 一回生，二回熟。
21. Do not change horses in mid-stream. 别在河流中间换马。
22. Do not have too many irons in the fire. 贪多嚼不烂。
23. Do not pull all your eggs in one basket. 别把所有的蛋都放在一个篮子里。(不要孤注一掷。)
24. Do not teach fish to swim. 不要班门弄斧。
25. East or west, home is the best. 东奔西跑，还是家里好。
26. Experience is the best teacher. 实践出真知。
27. Fact is stranger than fiction. 事实比虚构更离奇。(大千世界，无奇不有。)
28. Faith can move mountains. 信念能移山。(精诚所至，金石为开。)
29. First impressions are half the battle. 先入为主。
30. Give as good as one gets. 一报还一报。(以德报德，以怨还怨。)
31. Give everyone his due. 一视同仁。
32. Good wine needs no bush. 酒香不怕巷子深。
33. Haste makes waste. 欲速则不达。(忙中常出错。)
34. He that promises too much means nothing. 轻诺者寡信。
35. He who has an art has everywhere a part. 一招鲜，吃遍天。
36. He would climb the ladder must begin at the bottom. 千里之行始于足下。
37. Home is where the heart is. 心在哪里，哪里就是家。
38. If you are not inside a house, you don not know about its leaking. 不在屋里，不知漏雨。(亲身经历才有体会。)
39. In peace prepare for war. 平时准备战时。(居安思危。)
40. It is never too late to mend. 亡羊补牢，犹未为晚。
41. It six of one and half a dozen of the other. 彼此彼此。
42. Just has long arms. 天网恢恢，疏而不漏。
43. Keep something for a rainy day. 未雨绸缪。
44. Life is a span. 人生如朝露。
45. Man proposes, God disposes. 谋事在人，成事在天。
46. Meet plot with plot. 将计就计。
47. Merry meet, merry part. 好聚好散。
48. Mind acts upon mind. 心有灵犀一点通。
49. Never hit a man when he is down. 不要落井下石。
50. Never judge by appearances. 切莫以貌取人。
51. No fire without smoke. 无风不起浪。
52. Nurture passes nature. 教养胜过天性。
53. One is never too old to learn. 活到老，学到老。
54. One swallow does not make a summer. 一燕不成夏。(一花独放不是春。)
55. One who has seen the ocean thinks nothing of mere rivers. 曾经沧海难为水。
56. Out of sight, out of mind. 眼不见，心不烦。
57. Practice makes perfect. 熟能生巧。
58. Poverty is stranger to industry. 勤劳之人不受穷。
59. Rome was not built in a day. 罗马不是一日建成的。(伟业非一日之功。)
60. Sense comes with age. 老马识途。
61. So many men, so many minds. 人心各不同。
62. Some thing is learned every time a book is opened. 开卷有益。
63. Strike while the iron is hot. 趁热打铁。
64. The car will find its way round the hill when it gets there. 车到山前必有路。
65. The heart is seen in wine. 酒后吐真言。
66. The older the wiser. 人老智多。(姜还是老的辣。)
67. The worse luck now, the better another time. 风水轮流转。
68. Thoughts are free from toll. 思想不用交税。(人人都可以自由思考。)
69. Time tries all things. 时间检验一切。
70. Use legs and have legs. 经常用腿，健步如飞。
71. Virtue never grows old. 美德常青。
72. Walls have ears. 隔墙有耳。
73. What is done cannot be undone. 覆水难收。
74. Wine in, truth out. 酒后吐真言。
75. You are only young once. 青春只有一次。
76. You cannot burn the candle at both ends. 蜡烛不可两头燃。(鱼和熊掌不可兼得。)
77. You cannot have your cake and eat it. 有得就有失。(事难两全其美。)
78. You never know till you have tried. 事非经过不知难。
79. Youth will be served. 青春好作乐。
80. Zeal without knowledge is a runaway horse. 无知的狂热是脱缰的野马。
Habit cures habit.
Handsome is he who does handsomely.
Happiness takes no account of time.
Happy is he who owes nothing.
Happy is the man who learns from the misfortunes of others.
Harm set, harm get.
Hasty love, soon cold.
Health is better than wealth.
Health is happiness.
Hear all parties.
Heaven never helps the man who will not act.
He is a fool that forgets himself.
He is a good friend that speaks well of us behind our backs.
He is a wise man who speaks little.
He is lifeless that is faultless.
He is not fit to command others that cannot command himself.
He is not laughed at that laughs at himself first.
He is wise that is honest.
He knows most who speaks least.
He laughs best who laughs last.
He sets the fox to keep the geese.
He that climbs high falls heavily.
He that will not work shall not eat.
He who does not advance loses ground.
He who makes constant complaint gets little compassion.
He who makes no mistakes makes nothing.
He who risks nothing gains nothing.
History repeats itself.
Honesty is the best policy.
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
I cannot be your friend and your flatterer too.
If a man deceives me once, shame on him, if he deceives me twice, shame on me.
If you make yourself an ass, don"t complain if people ride you.
If your ears glow, someone is talking of you.
If you run after two hares, you will catch neither.
If you sell the cow, you sell her milk too.
If you venture nothing, you will have nothing.
If you want knowledge, you must toil for it.
Industry is the parent of success.
It is better to die when life is a disgrace.
It is easier to get money than to keep it.
1. 铁石心肠 cruel and unrelenting
2. 置死地于后生 a vigorous and manly exertion
3. 千秋功业 a great undertaking of lasting importance
4. 安居乐业 live in peace and work happily
5. 骨肉分离 family separation
6. 各得其所 be properly provided for
7. 众议纷纭 disagree on
8. 岁月不居，来日苦短 Time does not stay is brief is the day
9. 夜长梦多 A long delay may mean trouble
10. 时不我与 Time and tide wait for no man
11. 依时顺势 keep up with the tide
12. 日渐没落 being pushed out of business
13. 鹬蚌相争 play A off against B
14. 浩然之气 noble spirit
15. 凤毛麟角 a rarity of the rarities
16. 望而生畏 stand in awe before
17. 敬而远之 keep respectfully aloof from
18. 众矢之的 in the dock
19. 毫无瓜葛 be divorced from
20. 尔虞我诈 sheer cunning and falsehood
21. 备受推崇 be rewarded and respected