A man is not old as long as he is seeking something. A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. (J. Barrymore)
The moon watched from the sky behind the clouds as the stars blink their eyes in fatigue. Everything is now in slumber, not a single sound nor a single movement can be seen or heard. （月亮从云后往下来，星星因倦意而眨眼着。所有的东西现在都进入了睡眠，没有任何声音或动作。）
Like a dim lamp, the moon shone from above. The stars twinkle their eyes with curiousity. There"s not a single sound, even a cattabox like the crickets are asleep. Only the fireflys are still awake, carefully weaving a picture in the nightsky with their gentle strokes.
Stray birds of summer come to my window to sing and fly away.
And yellow leaves of autumn, which have no songs, flutter and fall there with
A Troupe of little vagrants of the world, leave your footprints in my words.
The world puts off its mask of vastness to its lover.
It becomes small as one song, as one kiss of the eternal.
It is the tears of the earth that keep here smiles in bloom.
The mighty desert is burning for the love of a bladeof grass who
shakes her head and laughs and flies away.
If you shed tears when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars.
The sands in your way beg for your song and your movement, dancing
water. Will you carry the burden of their lameness?
Her wishful face haunts my dreams like the rain at night.
Once we dreamt that we were strangers.
We wake up to find that we were dear to each other.
Sorrow is hushed into peace in my heart like the evening among
the silent trees.
Some unseen fingers, like an idle breeze, are playing upon my heart
the music of the ripples.
What language is thine, O sea?
The language of eternal question.
What language is thy answer, O sky?
The language of eternal silence.
Listen, my heart, to the whispers of the world with which it makes
love to you.
The mystery of creation is like the darkness of night--it is great.
Delusions of knowledge are like the fog of the morning.
Do not seat your love upon a precipice because it is high.
I sit at my window this morning where the world like a passer-by stops
for a moment, nods to me and goes.
There little thoughts are the rustle of leaves; they have their
whisper of joy in my mind.
What you are you do not see, what you see is your shadow.
My wishes are fools, they shout across thy song, my Master.
Let me but listen.
I cannot choose the best.
The best chooses me.
They throw their shadows before them who carry their lantern on
That I exist is a perpetual surprise which is life.
We, the rustling leaves, have a voice that answers the storms,
but who are you so silent?“
I am a mere flower.
Rest belongs to the work as the eyelids to the eyes.
Man is a born child, his power is the power of growth.
God expects answers for the flowers he sends us, not for the sun
The light that plays, like a naked child, among the green leaves
happily knows not that man can lie.
O Beauty, find thyself in love, not in the flattery of thy mirror.
My heart beats her waves at the shore of the world and writes upon
it her signature in tears with the words, “I love thee.“
Moon, for what do you wait?
To salute the sun for whom I must make way.
The trees come up to my window like the yearning voice of the dumb earth.
His own mornings are new surprises to God.
Life finds its wealth by the claims of the world, and its worth
by the claims of love.
The dry river-bed finds no thanks for its past.
The bird wishes it were a cloud.
The cloud wishes it were a bird.
The wate***ll sing, “I find my song, when I find my *******.“
I cannot tell why this heart languishes in silence.
It is for small needs it never asks, or knows or remembers.
Woman, when you move about in your household service your limbs sing
like a hill stream among its pebbles.
The sun goes to cross the Western sea, leaving its last salutation
to the East.
Do not blame your food because you have no appetite.
The trees, like the longings of the earth, stand atiptoe to peep
at the heaven.
You smiled and talked to me of nothing and I felt that for this
I had been waiting long.
The fish in the water is silent, the animal on the earth is noisy,
the bird in the air is singing.
But Man has in him the silence of the sea, the noise of the earth and
the music of the air.
The world rushes on over the strings of the lingering heart ******
the music of sadness.
He has made his weapons his gods.
When his weapons win he is defeated himself.
God finds himself by creating.
Shadow, with her veil drawn, follows Light in secret meekness,
with her silent steps of love.
The stars are not afraid to appear like fireflies.
I thank thee that I am none of the wheels of power but I am one with
the living creatures that are crushed by it.
The mind, sharp but not broad, sticks at every point but does not move.
• A maiden with many wooers often chooses the worst.少女有了许多求婚者往往选中了最差的一个。
• Although it rains, throw not away your watering pot.纵然天下雨，休把水壶丢。
• All truths are not to be told.真理并不都能说得清。
• All time is no time when it is past.光阴一去不复返。
• All things will come round to him who will but wait.只要耐心肯等待，一切都会按时来。
• All things are obedient to money.有钱能使鬼推磨。
• All things are easy that are done willingly.做事乐意，诸事容易。
• All things are difficult before they are easy.凡事都是先难后易。
• All the world´s a stage, and all the men and women merely players.整个世界是个舞台，男男女女，演员而已。
• All the wit in the world is not in one head.世界上所有的智慧不可能集中於一个脑袋。
• All the treasures of the earth would not bring back one lost moment.机会失去不再来，千贯万贯难赎回。
• All shall be well, Jack shall have Jill.有情人终成眷属。
• All´s fish that comes to his net.到了网中都是鱼。
• All´s fair in love and war.爱情和战争是不择手段的。
• All roads lead to Rome.条条道路通罗马。
• All rivers run into the sea.百川入海。
• All one´s geese are swans.自吹自擂。
• All men cannot be first.不可能人人都得第一名。
• All is well that ends well.结果美满都是好的。
• All is not lost that is in danger.在危险中的东西未必都会损失。
• All is not gold that glitters.闪光的东西并不都是黄金。
• All is not gain that is put in the purse.放入钱包的钱财，并非都是应得的。
• All is not at hand that helps.有用的东西并不都是垂手可得的。
• All is flour that comes to his mill.到他的磨里都能碾成粉。
• All is fish that comes to one´s net.捉到网里都是鱼。
• All is fair in war.兵不厌诈。
• All covet, all lose.贪多必失。
• All cats love fish but fear to wet their paws.猫都爱吃鱼，却怕爪弄湿。
• All bread is not baked in one oven.人心不同，犹如其面。
• All asses wag their ears.傻子总爱装聪明。
• All are not thieves that dogs bark at.犬之所吠，并非皆贼。
• All are not saints that go to church.去做礼拜者，未必皆圣人。
• All are not merry that dance lightly.表面高兴的，未必都快乐。
• All are not hunters that blow the horn.吹号角的未必都是猎人。
• All are brave when the enemy flies.敌人逃跑时，个个都勇敢。
• A living dog is better than a dead lion.一条活狗胜过一头死狮。
• A little spark kindles a great fire.星星之火，可以燎原。
• A little pot is soon hot.壶小水易热。
• A little neglect may breed great mischief.小不忍则乱大谋。
• A little learning is a dangerous thing.浅学误人。